Source: Dynamics NAV Team Blog
Did you know that with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 we’ve begun the journey of transforming the Web client into a first-class interface for desktop users?
The Web client now suits the needs of the majority of users with over 60 enhancements to simplicity, productivity, and performance. Being mindful of the Web client’s roots as a lightweight, browser-based interface for occasional use, the changes in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 represent a major step forward in usability and in the possibility of doing more in your browser.
Productivity and Navigation
- Cross-column search is available for all lists.
- Freeze Pane is shown so that your key columns remain in view as you scroll horizontally.
- Date Picker is now available on fields in lists.
- Show or Hide Columns on all lists as part of your personalization settings.
- Checkboxes will only show when you select more rows.
- Select All now possible in lists.
- Continuous scrolling gives a smooth scrolling experience.
- Multi-selection allows any rows to be selected.
- Load as you scroll, optimized to give a better experience for long lists.
- Lists are adaptive and make better use of the available space.
- FastTabs start as collapsed and can be expanded, showing any promoted fields, and remembers the last choice.
- Closing a page is simplified by just clicking the cross in the corner.
- Cards and documents are making better use of available space and the page caption is always visible.
- Nothing happens if you accidentally click around the field caption; only directly clicking on field caption brings up Help.
- Lookups are shown inline with the field that you are editing and they will search across columns as you type.
- You can collapse and expand the Navigation Pane to get more working space.
- The flow of Role Center parts is improved; when resizing the sequence of cues and tiles is kept and using the space is optimized.
- Cues are no longer automatically added to the Navigation Pane, which gives you fewer Navigation Pane actions.
- My Settings allows the user to change company, language, region, time zone, and work date.
- The ribbon is collapsed at the start, and the state is remembered.
- The Home button gives a quick access to the Role Center.
- The Navigation Pane stays when scrolling the content area.
- Activity buttons in the Navigation Pane have new icons and inline tooltips.
- Links to Help, Privacy, Legal, and Feedback are easily accessible.
- Shortcuts to all components are now prefixed with Dynamics NAV.
- With its new fast and fluid interface, users benefit from improved performance when navigating pages and significantly shorter start-up time when launching the client.
So, as you can probably tell, we’ve been giving the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Web client a lot of attention and we hope that you will like what you see.