Source: Microsoft Documentation
Microsoft recently announced updates for the fall release of Dynamics 365 Business Central, which will be available in October. For 2021 release wave 2, Business Central investments center on helping users get to productive usage faster, whether they are new or existing customers.
Microsoft expands the built-in tours to cover more standard entities for better onboarding of additional business roles. Microsoft also continues its Better with Microsoft 365 investment by bringing further capabilities to the Business Central and Teams experience.
Some examples of Microsoft’s investments in various areas:
- Administration: In 2021 release wave 2, Business Central delivers new capabilities to simplify and improve the way partners administer tenants. Administrators enjoy new experiences for managing licenses and permissions.
- Application: You can now get better explanations and guidance on errors that are caused by problems in posting setup and dimensions. Improvements to reporting, bank reconciliation, and supply chain capabilities will also help customers be more productive.
- Better with Microsoft 365: Share a record from the browser client in Microsoft Teams.
- Country and regional: Microsoft continues its rapid expansion in more countries with 10-plus new markets in this release wave.
- Development: Microsoft continues to deliver new capabilities for developers.
- Governance and administration: This wave adds more operations in the Operation log section of the Business Central admin center.
- Modern clients: Microsoft improves the discoverability of reports across departments by applying a filter to the links that are shown in the Role Explorer.
- Onboarding: Built-in tours cover more standard entities to support the onboarding of more business roles. A new help pane will help users get unblocked faster when they experience an issue.
- Service and platform: Microsoft continues their effort in improving the performance of Business Central.
For more information on Business Central, please contact us today.