Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2 to be Released October 1
Microsoft will launch the next major update to Dynamics GP, GP 2018 R2, in October 2018. The new timing (previous updates had been closer to the end of the year) will coincide with the broader October 2018 release wave of Microsoft business applications. In addition to the typical on-premises GP software, Microsoft will add a new option to deploy GP 2018 R2 in conjunction with a data-synchronized cloud instance of Dynamics 365 Business Central for analytics and mobile access.
The October 1 launch date of GP 2018 R2 brings with it other improvements beyond a Business Central data sync utility. It’s true that the GP roadmap, which extends through 2020, now seems destined to be forever laden with “Intelligent Edge”, but other near term areas of improvement include financial management, purchasing, and sales transaction optimization.
What’s New in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central October ’18 Release
Source: Business Application Release Notes
With the October ’18 release, Dynamics 365 Business Central is available in the cloud, on-premises, and in hybrid deployments. Some other enhancements to expect include:
- Refreshed Desktop Experience
- Modern User Experience
- Improved Productivity in Lists
- Filtering Lists
- Limit Totals
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- And much more!
Submit Product Suggestions to the Microsoft Dynamics Ideas Website
Enabling users to submit product ideas and suggestions through Microsoft Dynamics Ideas provides the following benefits:
- Thanks to the public, open forum, a large number of people can submit ideas and suggestions.
- Community members can vote on features suggested by others, as well as provide product functionality workarounds.
- Customers and partners get an easier way to view ideas and suggestions already submitted by other community members.
- Future versions of the Microsoft Dynamics family of products and solutions will be built with a better understanding of customer and partner needs.
Ideas and suggestions about product features and enhancements can be submitted any time of the day or night.
Join TrinDocs at GPUG Summit Phoenix: October 15-18, 2018
TrinDocs is a proud sponsor of GPUG Summit Phoenix, October 15-18, 2018. Summit is one of the most engaging conferences in the industry, and we’re excited to show the Dynamics GP community what TrinDocs can do.
Check us out at Booth 1235!
Read more about the conference here.
How to Improve Disaster Preparedness for Your Business
An estimated 25 percent of businesses don’t open again after a major disaster, according to the Institute for Business and Home Safety.
September is National Preparedness Month, so we’re sharing tips on how to improve disaster preparedness for your business.
The Three Primary Pains of Modern Inventory Management
Source: Microsoft Industry Blogs
Supply chain complexity has increased dramatically in the past decade. As today’s consumers expect more personalized goods and product diversity rises, manufacturers are feeling the effects.
Product proliferation has led to greater demand volatility and an industry shift as manufacturers see more of their revenue coming from a wider range of slower moving products. Old inventory management strategies, such as gut instinct approximations and a one-size-fits-all approach to demand planning, fail to address these challenges of the modern manufacturing supply chain.
Why Robotic Process Automation May be a Necessity
With RPA, you have the opportunity to step back and streamline processes, reduce human intervention, and decrease the amount of time it takes to complete a task. Think about what is and what could be:
- How long does it take from the time a bill is received until it’s paid, and how many hands must it touch along the way?
- When an order is taken, customers invoiced, and payments are received and reconciled, are you (and your customers) satisfied with the time, simplicity, and ease of doing business?
- Have you ever walked through a department and thought, “What if a certain task could be handled by software to eliminate bottlenecks and free up valuable personnel?”
Tips & Tricks
#GP2018 Feature of the Day: Purchase Orders & Requisitions